Following the formation of a Delaware company, the next step will be to get an EIN (Employer Identification Number) or Federal Tax ID Number.

If you operate your Delaware company outside of the U.S., but still plans to conduct business in the U.S., you need an EIN number for a number of reasons. This number is required, especially when opening a U.S. bank account, hiring employees, and initiating PayPal or Stripe accounts.

As to the answer to the main question, the answer is no. However, having SSN or ITIN eases the process, since these numbers are used for identification by the U.S. authorities.

If you want to get an ITIN you can apply for one from here or if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]. You can also reach us at +1 (302) 803-9501. We are always glad to help you!