Accounting & Tax

How to Get an EIN from Outside the U.S.

What is an EIN Number?

EIN, which is also known as the Federal Tax ID Number, stands for Employer Identification Number. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is who issues the EIN which is used for tax purposes.

Why do you need an EIN? You will need an EIN if you are planning on opening a business bank account, hiring employees, obtaining company credit cards, getting a business loan, or if you have a US source income and plan on filing a tax return.

You should keep in mind that EIN’s are only issued by the IRS to businesses, not individuals. Besides, an EIN is not the same as a Social Security Number (SSN). EIN’s are only issued to business entities. Social Security Numbers are issued to individuals. Let us help you get an EIN quickly for your business. You will find the best price by consulting with us no matter where you are in the world.

How to Get an EIN from Outside the U.S.

In the United States, every business entity is required to obtain an EIN. It is used for the identification of the company and tax purposes. After you register your company legally, you may apply for an EIN. The IRS will use your company’s EIN in order to track your business income taxes and receive the tax payments from your business entity.

If you are not a resident or citizen of the US, but you run a business such as e-commerce in the U.S., you will need to follow the appropriate steps to obtain an EIN to report your income taxes.  This applies even if you are not located in the country.

Obtaining an EIN through the IRS can be a very complicated and confusing process, especially if you are not located in the US.  That is the reason why the IRS allows a Registered Agent to work with you on your behalf. At this point, working with a professional Registered Agent is the most important thing. At, we will be fully responsible for getting your business’s EIN on your behalf within the frame of time we promise you. If you are ready to obtain your EIN for your business from the outside of the United States, you may reach out to to learn more!







Related Posts