Who is eligible to apply for ITIN?
• Foreign individuals who are not eligible for a Social Security Number but have a tax liability to the U.S. Government,
• Individuals who do not live in the U.S. who are not likely to obtain SSN; but need a tax I.D. number for tax returns,
• Individuals who came to the U.S. for residency purpose and need to have a tax I.D. number for a tax return,
• Spouses and dependents of the U.S. citizens and foreign individuals who went to the U.S. for residency purposes and are not eligible to obtain an SSN and required to pay taxes
• Spouses and dependents of individuals who are not residents of the U.S. but needed to file taxes.